Welcome to Chaires United Methodist Church!
Chaires United Methodist Church is a congregation of varied interest with a long history and bright future. The church was organized in 1862 and the historic sanctuary was constructed in 1892. The church campus is nestled amongst stately live oak trees in the historic community of Chaires. We offer spirited and passionate worship with exceptional music.
Thank you for visiting our website today. We invite you to become part of our congregation.
Address: 9243 Parkhill Road, Tallahassee, FL 32317 Directions
Office Phone: 850-219-9361
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 10 AM to 2 PM.
Pastor: Zig Bays, Cell: 850-692-8563, email: email@example.com
Worship Service: Sunday 10:00 a.m.
Sunday School: 9:00 a.m.
As the Body of Christ here at Chaires UMC we are:
- Christ-centered – Focused on the life, words, way and Spirit of Jesus proclaimed in the New Testament
- Biblically rooted – Encouraging spiritually alive, faithful study of the Bible, using tools of devotion and scholarship appropriate for a diverse body of people
- Warmhearted – A joyful, loving, laughing congregation that experiences the grace of God in Jesus Christ in personal and positive ways
- Open minded – A place where people search, think, question and honestly express their growing experience of the faith in an accepting and affirming atmosphere
- Mission directed – Continuing the strong sense of mission that is a part of our identity in terms of mission to our local community and to the world beyond
- Connection committed – As a part of the United Methodist Church, we see ourselves as a supporter of the global ministries that we share
We live out our mission, vision and values as a congregation of people who:
- Invite people to experience the love of God and become disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Equip disciples to be agents of God’s reconciling love in the world.
- Care for one another in Christian community; and
- Send disciples as servants of Christ to participate in God’s transformation of the world.
The historic Chaires Church is located east of Tallahassee in the friendly community of Chaires, between Highway 90 and Highway 27 east, off Chaires Cross Road on Parkhill Road. The first church was known as Mount Zion Church (1863-1887). It was part of the Leon Circuit. Then it became New Hope Church (1887-1892). At this time, it was part of the Waukeenah Circuit. In 1892, it became Chaires Methodist Church. On January 1, 1892, the congregation moved into the new building complete with steeple and bell. Chaires UMC opened for church services with 25 charter members. In 1895, seven members were added by transfer certificates. The first marriage was recorded on December 13, 1893. Over the years, Chaires Methodist Church has been a part of the Waukeenah Circuit; The Leon Circuit; the East Leon Circuit; the Miccosukee, Chaires, Lloyd, and Springfield Circuit; The Chaires-Lloyd Circuit, that later became a station church. We outgrew our little church and in 1997 we began having services in our multipurpose building.
Leading People to Christ to Worship, Nurture, Grow and Serve.
Is to be passionate about worshiping our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ through a variety of worship experiences. To produce an outwardly focused church that welcomes the religious, non-religious,and nominally religious people of our community. To be persistent in developing opportunities for Spirit led growth at all levels of our Christian walk, To provide loving Christian fellowship, where people pray for one another, care for one another,and where hurting people receive the healing touch of the Holy Spirit. To be purposeful about having the greatest impact possible on our community through outreach, mission, and Christian witness.