Ministries Supported By Chaires United Methodist Church
ECHO is a faith-based, human service agency providing essential goods and services to those in need who are Leon County residents or homeless.
Founded by downtown Tallahassee churches in 1981 to provide a central location to help families and individuals in crisis, Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO) touches the lives of 22,000 of our neediest residents and the homeless every year. Nearly 5,000 people are individually interviewed and connected with resources to assist them, either by ECHO or by referral to other resources.
Florida United Methodist Children’s Home
The Florida United Methodist Children’s Home was established in 1908 to provide a home for orphans and other children that had nowhere else to live. Today it serves as a diverse ministry with two campuses that include residential, therapeutic group, foster and emergency shelter care. The Home also provides independent living assistance and a community child care center.
Porch de Salomon
Porch de Salomon is a unique and progressive, non-profit ministry which, since 2005, has loved, served, and encouraged “the lost, the least, and the last” (and others!) of Guatemala’s Lake Atitlan basin by:
- Hosting short-term mission teams: indigenous home construction (82 quality houses built!), community building construction, medical/dental/vision/audiology clinics, and relation building
- Providing high-impact, year-round, humanitarian relief to indigenous people: food, clean water, infant relief, medicine, school scholarships, substance abuse recovery, counseling, and more
- Operating Solomon’s Porch café/worship gathering
- Live music outreach, community service, and creative partnering in Panajachel’s “hippie” and expatriate communities
- Encouraging high-impact spiritual growth in individuals and congregations through their involvement in Porch’s work in Guatemala.
Refuge House serves all people affected by domestic violence and sexual assault across the eight counties of the Big Bend. Refuge House offers support and resources to people who have been hurt by abuse or violence. We offer guidance and encouragement for families and friends worried about a daughter, sister, child, or parent. We are eager to meet with your church, professional group, workplace, or club to talk about how you can help prevent domestic violence and sexual assault in our community.